- 01-Jun-2013 to 21-Jun-2013 (CST)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
At Gaco Western we partner with our customers and our goal is to support our customer's financial success by providing innovative products, superior customer service and to fully understand their business and its challenges.
The Sales Trainer Manager's main objective is to support and empower our Area Managers to be our customer's number one choice when selecting waterproofing and insulating products.
This position will be responsible for educating Gaco Western sales teams to utilize a consultive sales approach, develop strong territory management practices, and enhance their presentations skills to fully communicate Gaco's value proposition in order to drive sales performance and increase customer loyalty.
- Partner with the Sales Leaders and create a training program that reinforces Gaco-branded selling techniques for both onboarding new hire and experienced sales employees.
- Training is designed and delivered with the specific intent of increasing job capabilities, sales performance and enhance our customer's experience.
- Understand and create training for effectively selling to different customer bases - contractors, owners, builders and architects.
- Develop and deliver on-going training programs to ensure Area Managers understand and consistently exhibit consultive selling practices.
- Deliver training to sales employees in the field, classroom and e-learning.
- Develops and facilitates 'boot camps' as needed to deliver consultive selling, territory management and product knowledge.
- Develops and implements proper evaluation/certification processes to determine level of effectiveness of training.
- Participates in field rides with new hires to observe skills for the job and mentor. Responsible for communicating with Sales Leaders and HR on progress of new hires from field rides and initial training process.
- Strong understanding of current training and development techniques and practices as they relate to needs assessment, program development and evaluation techniques
- Maintains relationships with key managers and subject matter experts from across the business to gather needed materials and content.
- Ability to travel 50-75%.
- Possess Grit – a combination of tenacity and resilience
- Is innovative and questions the status quo
- Consistently lives Gaco's Core Values
- Strong character and personality, ethics, integrity and good judgment
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree required. At least 5 years of training or sales/account management experience or a combination of both in the building products industry.
- Experience with the Sandler Sales Training method is preferred.
- Effectively use a range of current technologies to work effectively and insight into future applications to achieve enhanced business outcomes.
- Sound understanding of our offerings in the coatings and insulation marketplace - the ability to understand the business context in which the company operates; this includes understanding the company's and competitor's offerings.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing; including the ability to present information, ideas and strategies in ways that facilitate understanding.
- Ability to lead by influencing others.
- Experience developing training curriculum and implementation of programs.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Complete understanding principles of adult learning.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!